piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't understand this salt been out for awhile. . It is excellent salt. I used it for two years. Like the way it mixed. But in the last year price went up unless on sale. Got harder to find. I tried all top brands and I found a brand that I like just as much ESV without cost. I leave it to everyone to try as much of salts out there. Make your own decision but I think for coral it best that you stick to one brand and not mix different brands in same tank.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea I'm taking a cab to pets warehouse right now. Lol. And what's the nonsense of " mixing to my own levels". Makes no sense whatsoever, none.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I think why he said that Kres is because I asked you what and where are those levels and all you said is yes lol

My bad misunderstood ..lol
What I meant was when I did tweak the parts cause at the time I was keeping my alk lower and esv tends to run a bit higher I noticed other parameters like potassium and strontium were reduced..
So instead of trying to tweak the salt all the time I just gradually increased my tanks parameters to be close to the esv salt itself..

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yes the guy told me do not mess with what he has written. I called to see which part was the ALK and CAL. He told me in part A and part B had more then just ALK and CAL and you could possibly over dose or under dose. For me Im going to listen to what the manufacturer says and not guys over the internet :)

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I'm not sure what everyone is tweaking and adjusting? If you use the exact amount of water and measure the 4 parts correctly, your mix should end up at the stated salinity 1.025 and everything else should be fine. What exactly are people measuring that need adjusting? You also realize that 1) no hobbyist test kits are all that accurate to be worrying about a few points here and there and 2) once you dilute whatever WC water into your tank those possible minor "deficits" become even more negligible. FWIW, I measure the salinity after I mix a batch and that is all. I add ( and I'm sure most of us do) Ca, ALk and Mg. daily anyway. What am I missing here?

Most people focus on the very interesting discussion of PO4 in this article, but the beginning focuses on test kit precision and the notion of chasing numbers. It is relevant here and worth a read.

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/...g-ix-test-kits-chasing-numbers-phosphate.html

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
See that's you guys problem. Not once did I say do what I do the question was asked how I use it and I have the info that's it. You do what makes your tank happy and I will keep on doing what makes mine happy. That's it we are just sharing info at least that's what I was doing.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I'm not sure what everyone is tweaking and adjusting? If you use the exact amount of water and measure the 4 parts correctly, your mix should end up at the stated salinity 1.025 and everything else should be fine. What exactly are people measuring that need adjusting? You also realize that 1) no hobbyist test kits are all that accurate to be worrying about a few points here and there and 2) once you dilute whatever WC water into your tank those possible minor "deficits" become even more negligible. FWIW, I measure the salinity after I mix a batch and that is all. I add ( and I'm sure most of us do) Ca, ALk and Mg. daily anyway. What am I missing here?

Most people focus on the very interesting discussion of PO4 in this article, but the beginning focuses on test kit precision and the notion of chasing numbers. It is relevant here and worth a read.

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/...g-ix-test-kits-chasing-numbers-phosphate.html
The alk in esv is a bit higher at least in all the batches that I've had
So for someone keeping a lower alk then I would assume they would need to adjust it

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have been using esv salt since it came out. Only salt I ever used. I use to use the nutri seawater before I decided to step up
I do weekly water changes and it is always spot on. I make/mix water and in the tank it goes. Corals don't even close during change.
I don't not dose. But I do not miss a week of water change since I started hobby 7+ years ago

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Oh it is big "Tycoon" Randy from Pratteef. The God has spoken and we all need to get down on our knees and bow. No one mentioned chasing parameters but mixing to their desired levels. Randy (Prattreef) gets more donated equipment than the Salvation Army. Everything in this hobby is inaccurate. No one man knows it all. Even the great Sanjay whom everyone respects and studies is having issues with keeping his sps alive. One man will say to do water changes each week, another will say every two weeks and of course the third man will say once a month. But the wild card (fourth man)and boldest guy will say, I don't even do water changes like that but yet everything in his tank is alive and well. No one knows it all. What works for one man may be another one's downfall.

Really? Personal attacks? Do I even know you? What does the non- secret that I get a lot of things donated to Pratt have to do with anything? Where have I EVER said I or anyone else knows all the answers? I post suggestions or raise questions based on many years of experience, based on my conversations and access to others who also have lots of experience or specific expertise ( access that most here don't have-- that is not bragging just the reality) and try to get people to think about what they do and why they do it. I also don't make any of this personal. I'm not sure why this chafes your shorts, but please feel free to block me if you don't like my contributions.

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Really? Personal attacks? Do I even know you? What does the non- secret that I get a lot of things donated to Pratt have to do with anything? Where have I EVER said I or anyone else knows all the answers? I post suggestions or raise questions based on many years of experience, based on my conversations and access to others who also have lots of experience or specific expertise ( access that most here don't have-- that is not bragging just the reality) and try to get people to think about what they do and why they do it. I also don't make any of this personal. I'm not sure why this chafes your shorts, but please feel free to block me if you don't like my contributions.

PM Sent

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Yea lets get back on ESV salt and it's only proven benefits so far is....... it mixes faster. And to the guy who keeps saying its $65 please send a link coz 1 store selling it in your neighborhood doesn't help the rest of us. Till then the price is $90 don't get it twisted ppl.

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Yea lets get back on ESV salt and it's only proven benefits so far is....... it mixes faster. And to the guy who keeps saying its $65 please send a link coz 1 store selling it in your neighborhood doesn't help the rest of us. Till then the price is $90 don't get it twisted ppl.

Get in your car and take a drive out there. If not, IO is available everywhere else.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: