duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Why are you blasting Sanjay and Prattreef for? Do you know how many people expert or not have issues with their tanks? It happens with the best of them. One tiny mistake like using to much or to little of something can stress a tank out and wreck havoc on a tank. So writing you can adjust ESV is throwing out bad info to where someone can make a bad move and wipe out their tank. The manufacturer, if you call will tell you DO NOT adjust the ESV salt. If you want to adjust it thats great but dont tell people you can adjust it because you cant. Its not made for making adjustments but if YOU choose to do it write that. A comment saying " You shouldnt adjust it per the manufactureres instructions but I did it to get from lets say 9 dkh to 8 dkh and didnt adjust the calcium and its fine for me" may be a little more helpful then just saying I adjust to what I like. A person may see the comment that all you did was adjust with no parameters given and decie he likes his alk at 11 and calcium at 500 and over dose his tank. For the guys who never used this salt. DO NOT ADJUST LEVELS THE MANUFACTURER HAS INSTRUCTIONS YOU MUST FOLLOW

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Yea lets get back on ESV salt and it's only proven benefits so far is....... it mixes faster. And to the guy who keeps saying its $65 please send a link coz 1 store selling it in your neighborhood doesn't help the rest of us. Till then the price is $90 don't get it twisted ppl.

Petwarehouse 64.99 this is what this man pays for esv salt Guy. lol and where did I say It was better than a next salt ?

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Why are you blasting Sanjay and Prattreef for? Do you know how many people expert or not have issues with their tanks? It happens with the best of them. One tiny mistake like using to much or to little of something can stress a tank out and wreck havoc on a tank. So writing you can adjust ESV is throwing out bad info to where someone can make a bad move and wipe out their tank. The manufacturer, if you call will tell you DO NOT adjust the ESV salt. If you want to adjust it thats great but dont tell people you can adjust it because you cant. Its not made for making adjustments but if YOU choose to do it write that. A comment saying " You shouldnt adjust it per the manufactureres instructions but I did it to get from lets say 9 dkh to 8 dkh and didnt adjust the calcium and its fine for me" may be a little more helpful then just saying I adjust to what I like. A person may see the comment that all you did was adjust with no parameters given and decie he likes his alk at 11 and calcium at 500 and over dose his tank. For the guys who never used this salt. DO NOT ADJUST LEVELS THE MANUFACTURER HAS INSTRUCTIONS YOU MUST FOLLOW

Is like people can not read around here. Once again I did not tell anyone to follow what I do was asked how I mix it and I gave a answer simple. So don't tell me that I am giving bad info when that is how I run my tank once again my tank.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
if people are still arguing about the price, I just picked up 2 sets of ESV 200g boxes (each set has 2 boxes) from PW in Copiague for $54.99 each. I did have to pay tax though, which I forgot about. So, did not save as much as I could have if I waited till swap time and bought from Gotham Aquatics.

However, they have a HUGE store with tons of stuff. Their tanks are actually clean and well organized. I don't usually see that in stores. Even in local ones.

It was an hours drive, but everyone else closest to me sells it for 80-90$ and have never had a sale on it.

Everyone there was nice, especially the woman working in the ferret section and the guy with short black hair. I'll have to get his name. He was very helpful.

The next best price, usually during swap time is from Gotham Aquatics.
During swap times he usually has 10% off of ALL of his items. I think his normal price is 60 or 70. Can't remember. Still lower than most though either way.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Lowezakar if I had a car, I wouldn't complain about the price, of anything,ever! But I don't. Thanx for link Inevo. $65 shipped seems reasonable

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Nvmd salt critter is out of stock lol. How annoying to say we have a sale for an out of stock item

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
yes, I would say it was worth it.
The gas and tax was still about $65 each which is still lower than my local lfs's.

And the next swap isnt for maybe 4 mos? Can't wait that long for Tito's sale.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Just in case it was not clear before...

DO NOT USE ANY PARTS OF ESV SALT MIX INDEPENDENTLY

That is, you cannot use either of the liquids to boost alkalinity or trace elements. You also cannot use the second part for magnesium.

If you understand chemistry you would know what each of those are and why you can't use the magnesium as a straight buffer. None of these 4 components are the same as Part A or B of B-ionic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: