• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Religion & politics should not be talked about on the board.
Albert, in DRZL thread said how you should marry a virgin, why marry i girl thats been used.
Making love to a girlfriend is not using her. Its live.
And about unions if you dont like your pay get another job, its not that easy.
Am i union carpenter and had my own shoes when i got married, and talking to other people at the holiday party''s they sad "he's an ass"
The MTA broke a BS law but they will pay for what they did, just like when i park at a expired meter, i pay.
He doesn't know about unions.
Something i sent to mike in a pm.

"4 yrs of school safety courses, correct codes, reading blue prints, CPR and a few others. The thing contractors get to bid on the job, it goes down by penny's so when the union contractor gets out bid, and cant pay us $42hr without OT
and another $28 for coverage, annuity, pension, and$4:40 hr for vacation. The SCAB pays his carpenters $15-$25 hr and keeps the rest for himself. Which can be up to $75-$85 $ a hr per man. So who's the thief? but we build places like All of Trump's buildings, AIG, Credit Suisse First Boston, Bloomberg building, Cond? Nast, Citi Bank & others for $42hr + bennys
Sorry to vent, But its been on my mind since he posted.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You bring up some interesting threads that were a bit "much". I have my moments when I like to debate the finer points. (Especially about unions and prevailing wage) but it does not belong on this site. ;-)

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The only time politics should ever be discussed here is if it has to do with legislation dealing with our hobby or something that will affect our hobby.

The MTA strike was a fluke. Everyone needed to vent and I dont think a few angry posts were taken too poorly. (Although SOME responses went quite a bit overboard, so perhaps the rules would have been a good thing at the time and threads could have been closed before they escalated.)

-Alfred

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yep Fritz I agree it is a REEFING website but $hit happens and the mods here will try to use their best judgement to correct a situation.
Regardless of what all out brawls happen here on the boards, I will still go about my merry way to all my reefer buds houses trading frags and drinking their scotch :). This site is built on friendship. I have made many close friends here, and many of you guys have made many friends as well. Whatever imperfections that you see with the site or it's members is small potato's to the friendships made here.......keep that in mind peeps :)

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Alfredo De La Fe said:
You bring up some interesting threads that were a bit "much". I have my moments when I like to debate the finer points. (Especially about unions and prevailing wage) but it does not belong on this site. ;-)

-Alfred
Alfredo De La Fe said:

-Alfred
Thats my point! i didnt post in that thread, but read it every day biting my lip!
And i mentioned it to Josh.... He i didnt see that one, it was over 20 pages long! :headache:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You know I disagree, we are a community and can have discussions about things in our community. Especially things that effect our community. However, the problem comes to the foreground when something that blatently offends people because of Race, Creed, Gender Sexual orientation, etc. Things like this should not happen in this or any other community. People who do things like this should be expelled or suspended from this community without hesitation. JMO.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Yep Fritz I agree it is a REEFING website but $hit happens and the mods here will try to use their best judgement to correct a situation.
Regardless of what all out brawls happen here on the boards, I will still go about my merry way to all my reefer buds houses trading frags and drinking their scotch :). This site is built on friendship. I have made many close friends here, and many of you guys have made many friends as well. Whatever imperfections that you see with the site or it's members is small potato's to the friendships made here.......keep that in mind peeps :)
I got a few bottles of Scoth we should crack open one of these days. Its enough to get about 10 grown men drunk as hell!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
hermangareis said:
I got a few bottles of Scoth we should crack open one of these days. Its enough to get about 10 grown men drunk as hell!

Ok so maybe you and I will get a little buzz ;) I'm down but I can't leave my scotch buddy kasei

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Ok so maybe you and I will get a little buzz ;) I'm down but I can't leave my scotch buddy kasei

We definitely need him and a couple more. Just u and me will never in hell finish that stash of booze. Its about 40 bottles sitting at home.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
. However, the problem comes to the foreground when something that blatently offends people because of Race, Creed, Gender Sexual orientation, etc.

well this is the problem, what might offend one person may not bother an other one. that is what we met about last night, trying to determine where the line is, it's not easy to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: