• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Yep Fritz I agree it is a REEFING website but $hit happens and the mods here will try to use their best judgement to correct a situation.
Regardless of what all out brawls happen here on the boards, I will still go about my merry way to all my reefer buds houses trading frags and drinking their scotch :). This site is built on friendship. I have made many close friends here, and many of you guys have made many friends as well. Whatever imperfections that you see with the site or it's members is small potato's to the friendships made here.......keep that in mind peeps :)
Like you warned Mike, BTW, you took that very well. Mike being a long time friend i thank you, he would have been "moved on" on RC.
I concur with you, its a local site, and improved so much since we joined. Were there for each other. A person Alex was trying out a lighting system, and needed some 250W MH bulbs hes from NJ and met me in bklyn and i gave him two bulbs. Ant what you did for Chris? was amazing. When there is a problem there is always lots of posts wiling to help, thats what makes it great. I thin were moving away from the friendship i dont want that t happen! JMO.
You like colorful sticks & i like colorful aptasia, so can we find another place for Scotch sometime?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
hermangareis said:
For you Kris, I will have chilled Yoohoos :) :: In my house European laws rule. You can drink at the age of 2:
Same in my country ,16 or 17 and your are legal :)
so kris going to hermans you are on his gounds ,beers for the youngster,,, :bigeyes2: :joke:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
Jackson I guess you didn't read my whole post.

I did.

You must understand that some threads like politics and whatever else that people really take to heart, where there are differences of opinions, and is off topic, is best avoided.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hermangareis said:
The only problem is getting you "proud" New Yorkers to Jersey. Therefore I offer to lug the bottles to NY. Just need a place.
If you guy want my place is open for MR drink nite
Sonny is up for hosting he said :grouphug:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hermangareis said:
We accept your offer Mr. Hale
WE GOT BOOZE, A ROOF and a tank :sgrin:

uhmm, offer?

okay, will this be on a school night or a weekend?

I will still go to NJ by the way :)

or BK, it's all good.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Scotch scotch scotch. I love scotch.

Now, here's my 2 cents.

We CURRENTLY don't have rules in place to enforce. So the only thing we can do is some clean up when someone steps over the line. Someone allerted the mods about the thread and it has been cleaned up. Now, what you gals and guys have to realize is that there are only 6 mods*. and we have lives and aren't on the board 24/7. Sure, one of us is usually around, but there are times we're not. But rest assured. not a day goes by that one of us isn't here. So if you see a problem, pm one of us and we'll take care of it.

Once the rules go into place we will have some recourse if someone steps on someone else's toes. Until then we'll all have to be our 'good' selves.

BC
*for now. . .

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
yessongs said:
Like you warned Mike, BTW, you took that very well. Mike being a long time friend i thank you, he would have been "moved on" on RC.
I concur with you, its a local site, and improved so much since we joined. Were there for each other. A person Alex was trying out a lighting system, and needed some 250W MH bulbs hes from NJ and met me in bklyn and i gave him two bulbs. Ant what you did for Chris? was amazing. When there is a problem there is always lots of posts wiling to help, thats what makes it great. I thin were moving away from the friendship i dont want that t happen! JMO.
You like colorful sticks & i like colorful aptasia, so can we find another place for Scotch sometime?

Robert scotch anytime with you bro :) We really need a MR night out with the guys.

Jhale care to coordinate it :)

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey, rules or no rules, if someone is a guest at your house and decides he wants to relieve himself in your livingroom you have the right to kick him out! >;-)

Seriously, not having written rules does not mean that the mods have to put up with someone doing something that defies the rules of common sense ettiquette.

Hey, I'd volunteer as a mod if you need me/are willing to have me. I am the owner of my own businesses and tend to be online MOST of the time...

-Alfred

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Robert scotch anytime with you bro :) We really need a MR night out with the guys.

yeah we can go over each others resumes :lol:

my schedule is nutty, but I'll give it a shot, shot :)

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
jeez what did I miss???
OK couple of guys kind of brought me up to speed.

I have one word to say..... RESPECT! it goes a long way

I live by it! I treat everyone like I want to be treated, the way I want my family to be treated. I was a very active Cop for 18 years did my time working in Brooklyn North, I treated everyone like I would want my father mother sister brother treated till they gave ma reason not to.
I speak my mind, I'm far from perfect infact who is??? I talk (type) exactly as I would interact in person, the way everyone should be.
this isnt an Public forum or news group this is a forum of friends people with a mutual passion reef keeping, it's run with donations, some sponsorship, and a lot of hard work from individuals. You have to respect that.

if you say something that offends someone and it''s brought out simply apologise we all make mistakes we are human.
this is a great forum, lets keep it this way I've made some very cool friends,
OK I'll get off my soap box for now
have a great nite

Frank

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i dont see the big deal. im def. for the laws.. it helps alot of people out. since common sense is not so common, laws and rules have to be followed.. especially on a free forum as frogman had said that runs with continues donations, sponsorships and alot of hardwork from individuals. this will prevent this site from ever becoming like other sites online with have hostility, religions and beliefs being made fun of, mods fighting with each other and reefers fighting with each other. (personally i dont take offense to that stuff but some people do) theres no need for all that. lets just follow these simple laws when they post them prob. no big deal and lets continue doing what we do best. helping others when there in need. and enjoying our own fish tanks...

to quote deepwater and other individuals "we are family here" we very much are and we continue to grow. were getting bigger and bigger and it gets tuffer and tuffer to make sure people dont say, or step over someone else... well there are my .02 c

i love this site. and i will do anything needed to keep it running as smoothly as possible. nuthing better then a family reefing community........

thanks
anthony

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
This is life........everywhere you go.
Not everyone is respectful, has a great personality, can communicate properly.....etc.
The site is great "as is" with the exception of a few members, which should be address.

Out of 1000 + members....how many problem members does MR really have?

The "Nudi-Bar" is a great section.
Although this is a reef site, we are all local & it's cool to be able to talk about things that happen with-in the community & overall different topics.
Of course there will be disagreements.....the same as if we were physically together having a discussion.
If all agree to have this an "all reef discussion forum", there is really no sense of having the "Nudi-Bar," (which should be an all adult forum).

Members should already know that they should be respectful in posting.
Moderators should not have to baby sit every thread 24/7.......if not, a no warning thread removal / member ban should be instated. Period! No chances.
That should be the "LAW."
People are aware of their own actions when posting, as you have time to think before you type..........unlike blurting out something stupid off the top of your head.....especially when it is intended in a bad way.

Let's keep what separates MR from other forums & what made it a fun place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: