• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
The site is great "as is" with the exception of a few members, which should be address.

Everybody knowing subject know that you write about me, slogan under my avatar sparked off this discussion .
Say me what I did for you or what I did for anyone .
You do not know me, never you did not see me, you do not know what am I man and you express opinions about me !?
This what you did now it is bad because you direct yours post to me publicly.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Ummmmm.
Your guilty conscious must be talking, because I did not address this to anyone in particular.

My comments was about the Manhattan Reefs forum in general.

I could care less what you think.
Affects me in no way.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
If I had a problem with you or whatever you said......I'd say it & I'd mention your name.
There's no hair on my tongue.

It's whatever you are feeling...that makes you think that I'm writing about you.
I already told you what I posted about.

If you have any questions you can PM me......no need to further post publicly.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ohhh boy...... come on guys did u guys read what any of us wrote... WOW. Reefoman if he did mean anything by it pm him, dont bring up anything that doesnt need to be public.. if you felt that darealdvs said sumtin about u. thats between u and him on a pm, like adults and work out the situation. (this is none of my business but he did not mention any names). there is no room here for this stuff and nor should it be tolerated. this is why the laws are important so nuthin gets out of hand...

Remember this is a reef community as we are a reefing family.. y dont we act like one, put all the other stuff behind and lets continue on with our lifes. start off fresh right now. watever you had as a problem that is the past and this is the present. so lets make the future better for this site. were here to help out, not to argue..

Manhattanreefs.com = the best reefing site, where were not just people we are family....... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Once again this goes the wrong way. We all need to take a break from this and chill out. It can all be sorted out without everyone getting all up in arms over something the MODS can handle themselves. The more people get involved, the worse the situation seems to get. If you dont have a solution, dont get involved.

We are a friendly group and we should all try to keep it that way. We help when we can and thats all that you can ask of a person. Personal views aside. No one really knows anyone until you eat at their table and break bread (or drink their scotch) ;)

Please dont make snap judgements about one another until you have all of the facts. The Mods are not here to censor anyone. They are here to keep the peace. We are not children (but if you act like one...) Come on.. 20 pages of Union talk (no reason for it) and we all still talk to each other. Now an avatar that was deemed offensive (dealt with) cant we all get along. We all want our way. But ganging up on each other sucks. This is not RC...

It will all be worked out.

Where's my glass of scotch ?? :sgrin:

Kasei

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i think u guys are missing the point

joined site about week ago so guessing (and really dont care) what sparked this discussion

my observation is that spirit here is great, its already helped me get started with SW just this week

local color of members is also great, its what gives site its personality. i also frequent aquariacentral and notice a definite difference in tone

rules are necessary evil .... they state publicly what is tolerated. but mostly nowadays they protect mods from criticism or law suit if they act against violator. u want to be consistent in actions and thus avoid accusations of bias. judgement will always be necessary and the judgement of our leaders is how we measure ourselves.

thread has too many references to acting like adults or using commonsense. nice thought but need to remember that there are very few absolutes in life. pretty much everything is relative. common sense or adult behavior to one can be pretty different for another.

ultimately, u cant legislate good manners. u need to rely on members to legislate themselves. if they are outside the posted rules, they get booted. if u dont like the rules, go find or start a place that u like.

ya gotta get back to the basics

imho

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
House of Laughter said:
Mike, Ronen etc,

Will Rodgers once said, "common sense ain't so common". That being said, the by-laws are really designed to protect the friendliness and solidarity of this site. That doesn't mean, however, that you have to have that kind of relationship with every member, I mean, there are over a thousand of us. :)....

Anyhow, the discussions really focused on the foundations of what has made MR rock solid and one of the best sights in the area - all we want to do is keep that keel safe steady!

House
YOU DONT HAVE ANY COMMON SENCE IF U YELL RACIAL SLURS IN AN ETHNIC NIEGHBORHOOD, NO MATTER HOW U MAY FEEL, AND HERE (ON AN MR FORUM), MOST OF ALL, IT IS UNWANTED OR NEEDED.
I AGREE RULES R NEEDED, BECAUSE IM ASTOUNDED BY THE WAY CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL HAS TRIED TO VALIDATE A REASON TO INSULT OTHERS.
ITS A TESTIMATE TO THE RESOLVE OF OR MEMEBERS AND THE MODS TO OPENLY DISCUSS THIS AND IRON OUT HOW WE ALL FEEL.
I SENCE A CLEANSING OF THE MR SOUL THAT THESE THOUGHTS ARE POSTED AND READ BY OTHERS...I COMMEND THOSE WHO POSTED HERE AND LIKE CHIEF, RICH AND OTHERS HAVE POSTED HERE MR IS A PLACE FOR REEF KEEPING AND FRIENDSHIP.
SO SOME1 BREAK OUT THE DECK AND WE ALL CAN PLAY SOME HOLD'EM SO I CAN CLEAN U ALL OUT
BTW I HATE SCOTCH, ANY1 HAVE SOME VODKA???

sorry bout the caps...

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I'm down for Vodka :)

Listen...As far as the topic of discussion is here. I understand that people are offended about the slogan. Lets not just crucify anyone yet. I as a Union Delegate had to reprimand a "kid of 22 years of age" who came to work in a t-shirt that said "nigga" on it.As innapropriate the shirt was, I didn't jump to the conclusion that he was racist or such. It was just that.. Inappropriate attire that offended other workers and the public. The job has a set of rules of conduct that were established just for that reason. But in America we have free speach right. NO.. I certain instances it is deemed neccessary to "censor" language or behavior that is dangerous. Like yelling fire in a movie theatre.

Well it just so happened that one individuals choice of avatar slogan was, shall we say, not the best choice for an open forum where others are subjected to something they deemed morally reprehensible. It was removed and the situation still exists. Why?? Because now even though it is no longer there for everyone to see, the thought that someone used that particular expression as their slogan makes them "ASSUME" that that person thinks like that, is like that, and believes in what happened at that particular place.

I have never heard him say anything on this board or in person that would make me believe him to be so. Until I hear those words come from his mouth or typed on this board you need to lay back and get a grip. It was handled. He's upset because he is being assaulted from all sides and no one is accepting his explanation. Give him a chance. I would hate to be wrong but I would rather err on the side of caution and wait.

IT WAS A POOR CHOICE OF A SLOGAN. OK

Kasei

PS: Keep on reefing and enjoying the thing that we all come to this board for. Josh has done a wonderful thing making this a place where we can all come together as a NYC/NJ/Conn community. Remember when this was "MANHATTAN REEFS" !!! Not Tri-State Reefs (Hmm maybe we should change the name huh ??) :)

Keep it simple.

Herman PLEASE break out the Scotch for me and Rich. I am coming today..... PLEASE

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
You know I disagree, we are a community and can have discussions about things in our community. Especially things that effect our community. However, the problem comes to the foreground when something that blatently offends people because of Race, Creed, Gender Sexual orientation, etc. Things like this should not happen in this or any other community. People who do things like this should be expelled or suspended from this community without hesitation. JMO.

Well put

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Pseudo said:
Well it just so happened that one individuals choice of avatar slogan was, shall we say, not the best choice for an open forum where others are subjected to something they deemed morally reprehensible. It was removed and the situation still exists. Why?? Because now even though it is no longer there for everyone to see, the thought that someone used that particular expression as their slogan makes them "ASSUME" that that person thinks like that, is like that, and believes in what happened at that particular place.

I have never heard him say anything on this board or in person that would make me believe him to be so. Until I hear those words come from his mouth or typed on this board you need to lay back and get a grip. It was handled. He's upset because he is being assaulted from all sides and no one is accepting his explanation. Give him a chance. I would hate to be wrong but I would rather err on the side of caution and wait.

Kasei

Sounds like some common sense here. :eek:k:

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
Pseudo said:
I'm down for Vodka :)

Listen...

Kasei

PS: Keep on reefing and enjoying the thing that we all come to this board for. Josh has done a wonderful thing making this a place where we can all come together as a NYC/NJ/Conn community. Remember when this was "MANHATTAN REEFS" !!! Not Tri-State Reefs (Hmm maybe we should change the name huh ??) :)

Keep it simple.

Herman PLEASE break out the Scotch for me and Rich. I am coming today..... PLEASE
the benifit of the doubt is warrented...and i would hope that this is an opportunity to express his stance better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: